Thursday, March 16, 2006

That reminds me!

Thinking of the pink and brown Cascade 220 reminded me of the Christmas present I made for my mom. It was the "Carried Away" felted tote from a book that I can't remember the title of. I knitted it up here, and then felted it while I was home over the holidays. I think part of the fun of making the tote for Mom (and wrapping it up all unfinished) was that she got to see it go from loose-knit hole-y fabric to the dense felted wonderfulness of the finished tote. I even made a lining to sew into it:
Here's my mom modeling the finished product. I was really happy about the way it turned out, especially the bow on the strap. The strap was too long even after lots of felting, so I just cut it and hand-felted the ends so they didn't look weird. But then I had just enough extra strap length to make a bow, which was like the icing on the cake. Except that it was the bow on the tote bag.

No comments: